What is Perky?
FIND UNIQUE FREELANCE CLASSES IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD.
SKIP THE GYM - NOT YOUR WORKOUT.
- Find a variety of affordable fitness classes managed and taught directly by the instructor, without a studio!
- Venues include outdoor spaces, stores, coffee shops after hours, condo gyms and more.
- We are in the business of creating a fitness community that connects people to people.
- Fitness on your terms
- Instructors, trainers, leaders and adventurers it is time you became your own boss!
- Get paid based on the revenue you generate for your classes.
- You are in charge. We remove the middleman of a studio and leverage our unique venues.
- We will work with you to find one of our partner venues suitable for our needs, and then the Perky app connects you to our community of participants.
- Forget cash or pay cheques. Motivators get paid through direct deposits.
Interested in becoming a partner venue? Contact us at email@example.com
- WORK. Show up ready to work! Show up ready in your workout clothing and bring water. Your instructor will let you know if there are any class specific items to bring (eg. yoga mat) and they will inform you of any other specific details on meeting location via message.
- EARLY. You must must show up 10 mins prior to class start time.
- CANCELLATIONS. You may cancel reservations up to 6 hours prior to the scheduled start time of your enrolled class. Reservations cancelled after this period will not be subject to a refund and will be charged for either the cost of the class or a max of $15 as a late cancellation fee.
- WEATHER. If the class is outdoors and weather is just not cooperating, the instructor has the ability to cancel the class; you will not be charged.
- NO SHOW. In the highly unlikely event that your instructor doesn't show up to teach their class, please email Perky immediately! You will not be charged for the class, and the instructor will be given a warning.
Frequently asked Questions:
1. How much does it cost to sign up as a motivator?
Free! It is free to post your classes on the schedule.
2. How will I make more money here than at my current gym/studio?
At a gym you make an hourly wage. Perky allows you to earn money based on the revenue you generate. If you have a class of 10 participants and you charge $10, you will be paid $90/class. Note, you will be charged a 10% service fee for the transaction. *Service fee is subject to change*
3. How does listing my services on Perky benefit compared to having my own website?
Perky connects you to a vast fitness community to help your business grow. We help with your marketing. Grow your network! We also facilitate the transactions making your classes simple and cash free.
4. What are the venue requirements and am I responsible for finding my own venue?
Perky has partner venues throughout the city that we hold the freelance classes at. We will work with you to find a venue that is suitable for you. There will be rental fees associated with the different venues, however all are affordable.
5. How and when do I get paid?
You will be paid upon completion of your class in the form of a direct deposit. The transaction will be secure through the payment gateway Stripe.
6. In what cities can I use Perky?
Toronto and GTA.
NOTE- Perky does not provide insurance for Motivators. Waivers are found in the Motivator handbook for motivators to print out and bring to sessions.